Thursday, September 15, 2005

GBS - Google Blog Search

Yes the Search giant has added another dimension to their search engine, this time it searches the *Blogs*. Still a Beta search, i guess it will take sometime before people start using it more often for considering fellow bloggers opinions/feedbacks on any topic. I did a search for my name [Vivek Kondur] and the reuslts are quite good, as it featured many of my posts randomly from different blogs.

But, i am sure this guy wouldn't agree with what i have said about the search results,..."Improved Relevancy: One example. I did a search for my name [Gary Price] and found several non-relevant results in the first 20. In the second result "Gary" is found in one part of the post and "Price" in another. Then, back to results mentioning yours truly before posts discussing the "price" of movies for sale. Note: Yes, of course, I could search "Gary Price" and get more precise results but most searchers don't use quotes to denote phrases".


Technorati tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ookami Snow said...

I was impressed by the results that the google blog search engine gave me, but really it is not as good as technorati...yet.

11:15 AM  
Blogger vevck said...

Thanks! for dropping by Ookami. I agree with u on the fact that technorati gives a good result.

But i hope GBS will offer better stuff in there later versions:).

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home